Queensland’s first 3-on-3 ice hockey tournament – BUIHL 3×3 will be held on Easter Sunday at Iceworld Acacia Ridge with teams competing in a round robin tournament followed by semifinals and final.
Details of the 3-on-3 format are:
- The tournament will feature eight teams with organisers assigning the teams
- Each game will be 10 minutes in length with teams changing ends at the five minute mark (two 5 minute periods)
- Games that are tied after 10 minutes will be decided by a shootout
- The winners of the first round will each advance to a semi-final game with the winners to advance to the BUIHL 3×3 Final
- Players must register through the online form with teams to assigned by the organiser
- Teams must have at least 1 player from B Grade and 1 player from C Grade on the playing roster
- Cost per player is $20
For more information and to register, visit the BUIHL 3×3 webpage.